You will be instrumental in creating the first network of gamers helping other gamers conquer video gaming addiction with proven intervention techniques. What makes a great recovery coach?
WE ARE LOOKING FOR COACHES TO JOIN HEALTHY GAMER
We are looking for 25 Recovery Coaches to help pilot Healthy Gamer’s beta product.
- Direct experience overcoming problematic gaming habits
- Experience working with groups
- Experience helping a friend or loved one through a crisis
- An interest in psychology and/or psychiatry
- Familiarity with a wide range of games and gaming platforms
2. Reference Checks
3. Training & Simulations
4. Supervised Coaching
5. Group Moderating
6. One-on-One Coaching
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do you get paid?
Yes! It depends on the number of gamers you want to take on and the hours you want to put in.
I don’t have any work experience. Is that ok?
Yes! The most important qualification is your own experience with gaming. Similar to the AA model, a reformed gamer’s direct experience is their best tool to enable someone else’s recovery.
Do you provide additional training?
Yes! Additional training is critical. Recovery Coaches train with Dr. Alok Kanojia (a psychiatrist, reformed gamer and co-founder of Healthy Gamer) to be able to:
- Understand the neurochemistry of video gaming addiction
- Develop interpersonal skills to run an effective group
- Enable individual gamer goals
- Provide critical support during the first 30 days of the program
- Escalate gamers for more serious mental health issues