Last Updated: 3/21/2019
We may update the Policy at any time, without prior notice. It is your responsibility to check from time to time for updates. The date of last modification will be posted at the beginning of the Policy, and we may provide notice on our site or by email that the Policy has changed. By continuing to use the Services, you agree to any modifications to the Policy.
- Information Collected:
- Voluntarily disclosed information. When you use the Services, you may provide us with some information directly. For example, some functions of the Services require you to register for an account, where we may ask you for your email address and preferred username. As another example, we may also collect other information you directly give us as you build your profile on the Services, such as your name, demographic information, and contact information.
Healthy Gamer may also record your interactions with and activities on the Services. including your participation in group sessions, lessons, and other digital or interactive talks. If Healthy Gamer discloses these recordings to other users, we will not include your name or contact information without your consent. We may also use these recordings to improve our Services and to provide better resources for those combating video gaming addiction.
- Automatically collected information. When you interact with the Services, we automatically receive and record information from your browser, which may include your IP address, geolocation data, device identification, “cookie” information, the type of browser you’re using to access our Services, and the page or feature you requested. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your browser or device that allow us to recognize your browser or device and tell us how and when pages and features in our Services are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our Services. Healthy Gamer does not respond to “Do Not Track” requests.
- Use of Collected Information. Healthy Gamer uses information about you for various purposes, including, but not limited, to:
- Provide you with access to the Services, personalize the Services, and optimize the Services to your interests;
- Communicate with you regarding the Services as well as products, offers, or services you may be interested in;
- Ensure the quality of the Services, including by preventing improper activities such as those prohibited by the Terms of Service [[link]];
- Review customer reports and provide customer support;
- Operate, improve, and optimize the Services;
- Protect the security and integrity of our sites and Services;
- Provide relevant information to our partners and associated services in order to facilitate the provision of the Services, including facilitating transactions;
- Comply with our legal obligations, including our obligations to law enforcement agencies, partners and associated services, and other users;
- For general marketing and advertising purposes;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We may communicate with you via email or text to verify your account, notify you about certain activity on our platform, inform you of changes to our policies and procedures, or to otherwise facilitate the operation of the Services.
- Disclosure of Information. We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you; for example, we may use a payment processing company to receive and process your credit card transactions for us.
Please note that if you submit any of your personally identifiable information to a portion of the Services that is accessible by other users, including an online forum or comment section, other users will be able to see that personally identifiable information. Accordingly, only include information in such submissions that you are comfortable sharing with third parties.
Information that you provide may also be shared with third parties, including but not limited to Discord, Teachable, and Twitch. Please review their privacy policies for more information. Discord: https://discordapp.com/privacy. Teachable: https://teachable.com/privacy-policy. Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/p/legal/privacy-policy/.
- Information in an Aggregate Form. We may de-identify your personal information so that you are not identified as an individual, and provide that information to our partners. We may also provide aggregate usage information to our partners (or allow partners to collect that information from you), who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use the Services, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience.
- Business Transfers. We may choose to buy or sell assets, and may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, personal information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- Legal Compliance. We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our Terms of Service [[link]] and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Healthy Gamer, our employees, our users, or others.
- Security Disclaimer. We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other personal information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
- Modification or Deletion of Information. You may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete your name, password, and phone number through your account settings. The information you can view, update, and delete may change over time. You may request that we delete your account and your data from the Services. However, that it may be impossible to delete your personal information completely, due to backups and records of deletions. Further, if you request removal of your information, you will be unable to utilize the Services. You may not request the removal of de-identified, anonymous, or aggregate data from our databases.
- Age of Users. If you are younger than 13, you may not download or use our Services or access or provide any Content. If you are 13 or older but under the age of 18, you may use our Services only under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by the Terms. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to the Terms for the benefit of a child who is 13 or older but under the age of 18, you are fully responsible for his or her use of the Services.