Five dimensions of support
The Healthy Gamer Family Program is designed by gaming expert and reformed gaming addict Dr. Alok Kanojia. It guides parents in rebuilding their relationships with their children and establishing healthy gaming habits.
Improve nutrition, sleep, hygiene, physical exercise.
Regulate and express both positive and negative emotions.
Maintain and create in-person relationships.
Real World Outcomes
Boost grades, extracurriculars and other measures of success in the real world.
Stabilize mood, recognize where there might be additional mental health issues.
Healthy Gamer Family Programs combines our experience working with hundreds of gamers into actionable plans any family can use.
Incorporates cutting-edge research to help you understand your child's brain and body.
Designed by a real gamer and renowned gaming expert Dr. Kanojia.
Reconnect with your child to help them reach their full potential.
How do the HG Parent Programs work?
Healthy Gamer Family Programs combines didactic learning, live lectures and group support that enables you to:
Rebuild your relationship
Regain your child’s trust by understanding his/her world and the needs video games fulfill in order to foster empathetic, relationship-centered communication.
Reshape their future
Create a different physical, emotional and social environment to help your child explore his/her full potential.
Moving the focus from quitting video games to supporting your child’s real-world success saves both of you from the constant argument around video games.
Control the timeline
Our digital solution does what traditional therapy models can’t - it moves at your pace and gives you the tools you need all at once.
Role as a parent
What role can a parent play in overcoming video game addiction? In our experience, the best role a parent can play is two-fold:
Understand what is going on in your child’s brain both neuroscientifically and psychologically.
Rebuild your relationship with your child to help you both regain control of your lives.
The 12-week parent coaching program combines workshops and virtual support groups. The program includes:
- Weekly virtual support group led by a Healthy Gamer Coach trained and supervised by Dr. K.
- Essential skills for navigating tough relationship challenges.
- Strategies to manage your child’s expectations, set and enforce boundaries, and deal with resistance.
This course includes:
- A psychiatric perspective on video gaming addiction.
- Strategies for constructive conversations with your gamer.
- Understanding your gamer’s perspective.
- Frameworks for setting goals, limits and boundaries.
- Guided exercises to complete with your gamer.
- Strategies to change the trajectory of your gamer’s future.