Last Updated: August 12, 2021
We may update the Policy at any time, without prior notice. It is your responsibility to check from time to time for updates. The date of last modification will be posted at the beginning of the Policy, and we may provide notice on our site or by email that the Policy has changed. By continuing to use the Services, you agree to any modifications to the Policy.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this website.
- In e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you and this website.
- When you use the Services.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including any other website operated by us or any third party(including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from our website.
- Information Collected:
a) Voluntarily disclosed information. When you use the Services, you may provide us with some information directly. This information we collect on or through our website may include:
- information we require when you to register for an account, such as your email address and preferred username.
- information you directly give us as you build your profile on the Services, such as your name, demographic information, and contact information.
- information provided to us when you post material or request further services.
- information provided to us when you report a problem to our website or Services.
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfillment of your order. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our website.
Healthy Gamer may also record your interactions with and activities on the Services. including your participation in group sessions, lessons, and other digital or interactive talks. If Healthy Gamer discloses these recordings to other users, we will not include your name or contact information without your consent. We may also use these recordings to improve our Services and to provide better resources for those combating video gaming addiction.
b) Automatically collected information. When you interact with the Services, we automatically receive and record information from your browser, which may include your IP address, geolocation data, device identification, “cookie” information, the type of browser you’re using to access our Services, and the page or feature you requested. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your browser or device that allow us to recognize your browser or device and tell us how and when pages and features in our Services are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our Services. Healthy Gamer does not respond to “Do Not Track” requests.
- Use of Collected Information. Healthy Gamer uses information about you for various purposes, including, but not limited, to:
a) Provide you with access to the Services, personalize the Services, and optimize the Services to your interests;
b) Communicate with you regarding the Services as well as products, offers, or services you may be interested in;
c) Ensure the quality of the Services, including by preventing improper activities such as those prohibited by the Terms of Service;
d) Review customer reports and provide customer support;
e) Operate, improve, and optimize the Services;
f) Protect the security and integrity of our sites and Services;
g) Provide relevant information to our partners and associated services in order to facilitate the provision of the Services, including facilitating transactions;
h) Comply with our legal obligations, including our obligations to law enforcement agencies, partners and associated services, and other users;
i) For general marketing and advertising purposes;
j) Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We may communicate with you via email or text to verify your account, notify you about certain activity on our platform, inform you of changes to our policies and procedures, or to otherwise facilitate the operation of the Services.
- Disclosure of Information. We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you; for example, we may use a payment processing company to receive and process your credit card transactions for us.
Please note that if you submit any of your personally identifiable information to a portion of the Services that is accessible by other users, including an online forum or comment section, other users will be able to see that personally identifiable information. Accordingly, only include information in such submissions that you are comfortable sharing with third parties.
Information that you provide may also be shared with third parties, including but not limited to, Discord, Teachable, and Twitch. Please review their privacy policies for more information.
We may disclose aggregated information (described in Section 5) about you without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a financing source, buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Healthy Gamer’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Healthy Gamer about our website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our website terms of service (https://www.healthygamer.gg/legal/terms-of-service) and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Healthy Gamer, our users, our customers, or others.
- Processing of Information. We are based in the United States. No matter where you are located, you consent to our processing and transferring of your information in and to the U.S. and other countries. You acknowledge that the laws of the U.S. and other countries governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live.
- Information in an Aggregate Form. We may de-identify your personal information so that you are not identified as an individual, and provide that information to our partners. We may also provide aggregate usage information to our partners (or allow partners to collect that information from you), who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use the Services, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience.
- Business Transfers. We may choose to buy or sell assets, and may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, personal information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- Legal Compliance. We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Healthy Gamer, our employees, our users, or others.
- Security Disclaimer. We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other personal information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We also urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the website.
- Modification or Deletion of Information. You may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete your name, password, and phone number through your account settings. The information you can view, update, and delete may change over time. You may request that we delete your account and your data from the Services. However, that it may be impossible to delete your personal information completely, due to backups and records of deletions. Further, if you request removal of your information, you will be unable to utilize the Services. You may not request the removal of de-identified, anonymous, or aggregate data from our databases.
- Age of Users. If you are younger than 16, you may not download or use our Services or access or provide any Content. If you are 16 or older but under the age of 18, you may use our Services only under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by the Terms. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to the Terms for the benefit of a child who is 16 or older but under the age of 18, you are fully responsible for his or her use of the Services.
- GDPR - Data Protection Rights. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Brazil, Other Countries, you may exercise certain data subject rights available to you under applicable data protection laws. We will comply with requests to exercise these rights in accordance to applicable law. If these rights apply to you, then you may be allowed to exercise the following:
Right to Access – You have the right to request Healthy Gamer for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
Right to Rectification – You have the right to request that Healthy Gamer correct or update any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Healthy Gamer to complete information you believe is incomplete.
Right to Erasure – You have the right to request that Healthy Gamer erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
Right to Restrict Processing – You have the right to request that Healthy Gamer restrict the processing or disclosure of your personal data, under certain conditions.
Right to Object to Processing – You have the right to object to Healthy Gamer’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
Right to Data Portability – You have the right to request that Healthy Gamer transfer that data that we have collected to another third party provider, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at:
Phone: (512) 710-5290